Work closely with engineering members, managers, and leads, product managers, ensure rapid execution and on time, high quality delivery of software projects. Work closely with engineering managers and leads, product managers, ensure rapid execution and on time, high quality delivery of complex Information Protection projects. Interact with and motivate talented engineering teams across multiple locations, harness their high energy to deliver top quality products. Oversee a specific Information Protection product release from planning to delivery to support, leading a cross functional team of internal and external partners. Coordinate beta programs and conduct release retrospectives. Work with other Symantec teams external to Information Protection to successfully coordinate release lifecycle activities outside of engineering such pricing and licensing, product mastering, trade compliance, product certifications, legal product filing, and release packaging. Coordinate planning and change activities in an Agile manner, sometimes directly with the team as their program manager/Scrum Master and other times with other program managers to integrate all features into a release package. Contribute to continuous improvement on engineering development and release processes. Collaborate within the program management team, across engineering management, and product management to implement key performance improvement metrics that can be used to drive targeted process improvement initiatives. Utilizes graduate-level research and analysis skills. Employer will accept Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field and minimum 3 experience in job offered or computer related occupation.
Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable.
Experience must include:
1. Program Management with understanding of full Software Product release lifecycle
2. Running projects using Agile development principles with knowledge of industry standard tools and best practices
3. Technical presentation skills
4. Demonstrated ability to interface and liaise between technical and non-technical audiences
5. Using Metrics and Data Analysis to support or drive the most beneficial process improvements
6. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
7. Anticipate and manage risks/issues for tactical, day-to-day project activities
8. Technical acumen, such as ability to dive into issues of a more technical nature to anticipate risk and other key understanding of critical issues, to hold constructive conversations with senior engineering team members
9. Experience working directly with engineers and test members, as well as presenting to executive management
10. 3 years experience in a commercial software program management position
Some travel required between Mountain View and SF.