Responsible for analyzing, designing, debugging and/or modifying software; or evaluating, developing, modifying and coding software programs to support programming needs. Maintain and enhance existing code with focus on implementation. Collaborate with and assist team of engineers in writing functional, design and user interface specifications. Follow software lifecycle process when developing software. Help identify solutions to problems encountered in software cycle. Act as a Product Specialist and deliver technical briefings, presentations, and demonstrations. Organize the delivery of Proof of Concepts (PoCs) in the security technology. Gain Technical closure from the customer that products meet the client’s requirements & success criteria and assist the sales in technical qualification and management of the opportunities throughout the technical sales cycle, leveraging the virtual teams where applicable. Proactively seek out new sales opportunities by developing new and existing technical relationships within accounts that the candidate is or has been engaged with and seeking to carry out security assessments. Articulate and demonstrate Symantec solutions, and position products relative to competition. Write technical white papers and own the technical response to RFI/RFP. Act as a Symantec product advocate. Be the customer’s go-to person for technical queries and to manage support escalations in Symantec products. Aspire to be the customer’s trusted advisor in IT Security. Requirements: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field and 5 years experience in job offered or related.
Skills must include:
1. IT Security, Any Symantec security relevant technologies or competitive technology: Endpoint security, DLP, Data Center Security, Cloud Security, Mobile Security, Cyber Security Services
2. Making presentations to customers
3. Navigating and managing technical issues within an account and mapping technical and commercial value to broader business concerns/goals within the engagement.
4. mapping technical and commercial value to longer term business goals within customer environment.
5. driving partner relationships and training partners in solutions.
6. assisting in the creation of a business case /value realization.