Responsible for analyzing, designing, debugging and/or modifying software; or evaluating, developing, modifying and coding software programs to support programming needs. Maintain and enhance existing code with focus on implementation. Collaborate with and assist team of engineers in writing functional, design and user interface specifications. Follow software lifecycle process when developing software. Help identify solutions to problems encountered in software cycle. Design and develop data warehouse solutions, including design, development, and implementation of the data integration and ETL processes. Be a subject matter expert and provide consultation to business partners such as analysts, management, end users, and developers to clarify requirements, determine scope and estimates, drive design discussions, code reviews, and performance tuning.
Employer will accept Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field, followed by five years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in job offered or five years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in a computer-related occupation.
Education or experience must also include:
1. Designing and developing large scale data integration on MPP platforms
2. Data movement techniques and best practices to handle large volume of data
3. ETL development experience, using Informatica or Ab Initio or SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
4. Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle
5. SQL and performance tuning techniques
6. Data warehousing architecture and data modeling best practices
7. Unix and shell scripting
8. Analytical skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
9. Scrum and Agile methodology
10. SQL Server Environment
Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable.