Responsible for analyzing, designing, debugging and/or modifying software; or evaluating, developing, modifying and coding software programs to support programming needs. Maintain and enhance existing code with focus on implementation. Collaborate with and assist team of engineers in writing functional, design and user interface specifications. Follow software lifecycle process when developing software. Help identify solutions to problems encountered in software cycle. Maintain and enhance the functionalities of the Symantec Web Gateway. Perform risk analysis and design and implement security fixes against reported threats and vulnerabilities. Work with senior team members and customer support team on customer cases. Utilize graduate-level research and analysis skills. Employer will accept Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field . Education or experience must include:
1. C/C++ design, development, debugging skills under Linux
2. Networking,networking protocols (HTTP/HTTPS/TCP/IP/SSL/TLS) and networked systems.
3. Multi-threaded programming, inter-process communication and related operating system principles.
4. Data structures and algorithms.
5. Databases: mysql
6. Software security techniques and principles including, but not limited to, common risks and vulnerabilities, access control, design principles, security policies, risk analysis, and privacy
7. Principles and mechanisms in systems security: authentication, distributed system security and network security
8. Security applications: Firewall, Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, anti-spam
9. Scripting Languages: Shell or PHP