Participate in all software product development life cycle activities. Move software products through the product development cycle from design and development to implementation and testing. Work as part of a team for the design, process, manufacturing, testing and quality of products as they move from conception through distribution. Define the technical product and services strategy within the Cloud Platform Engineering organization, for virtualization and cloud technologies. Collaborate with the customers (internal BUs), engineering teams, operations, and other Symantec product management teams, to define, prioritize, focus, and deliver new next generation, innovative cloud and virtualization services. Understand customer needs for launching innovative platform tools and services. Clearly document product and service requirements for both engineering, and operations teams to build new capabilities and/or enhance existing capabilities. Provide guidance and drive cross-functional initiatives & alignment with key internal customers and partners (e.g., application teams, development teams, BU product managers, support engineers). Help define and execute strategies to increase platform adoption across relevant internal Symantec BUs. Manage product/service lifecycle and drive provider/vendor roadmaps. Build and maintain platform services roadmap. Proactively gather customer feedback and apply it to the strategy. Gather, prioritize, and communicate business, customer, and technical requirements to engineering stakeholders for achieving operational excellence. Collaborate with engineering and operations teams to prioritize development activities, make trade-offs, and plan actions with Agile development processes. Drive content development and creation of knowledge base content, assist solution architects in training internal stakeholders, and perform actual training as well. Collaborate with internal BU Product Marketing teams to drive content development and creation to effectively raise awareness of the cloud platform. Employer will accept Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field and 2 years of work experience in job offered or 2 years of work experience in a computer-related occupation.
1. Converting customer feedback and ideas into technical specifications, prototyping ideas for defining product or service requirements
2. Enterprise level application design/architecture experience in private or public cloud implementations;
3. Hands-on experience working with cloud platforms;
4. Programming or scripting experience;
5. Integration, SSO, Cloud Services, and Database skills;
6. Development practices : CMM-lv3, RUP, Agile
7. Architecting and designing technology solutions using SaaS and Cloud deployment models;
8. Operating System/Networking, Middleware, Security, Databases, Cloud Platforms
9. Written and oral communication skills and interacting with all technical and non-technical members of the organization;
10. IT best practices.