Develop company market requirements for technical products or product lines, including product strategy definition, requirements analysis, and/or pricing. Identify and evaluate acquisition, divestiture, investment and joint venture opportunities for Symantec. Research and evaluate market opportunities and competitors, competitor product lines, and support due diligence investigations on targets. Develop, interpret and implement financial concepts for financial planning, strategic transactions, and product development. Provide support on active transactions and due diligence investigations. Research comparable companies, comparable products, transactions and structural considerations. Perform technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Gather, analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for financial impact valuation assessment and transaction activity planning. Prepare materials for Executive updates, including transaction pipeline and specific target evaluations. Assist in honing Symantec’s long-term financial forecasting process, including working with business units to create long-term revenue and expense forecasts to determine financial impact of strategic M&A opportunities. Coordinate across various departments to creatively solve complex analytical problems and propose strategic corporate initiatives.
Employer will accept Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and 2 years of work experience in job offered or in a finance-related, product management-related, engineering-related, or computer-related occupation
Education or experience must include:
1. Communicating and driving product strategy, direction, and vision of products with customers, analysts and internal team members
2. Identifying and driving product innovations
3. Preparing business cases, understanding customer needs, validating market, defining requirements and facilitating product development process
4. Project management and working with cross functional teams
5. Analyzing market insights to advise Product and Strategy regarding potential technology injection, partnering, and investment opportunities
6. Conducting root cause analysis and making recommendations to improve business processes
7. Analyzing Competition, performing technical market research, synthesizing complex data, and conducting game theory scenarios to assess possible course of action, including positioning and features to beat competitors
8. Finance and accounting principles, specifically with respect to mergers and acquisitions
9. Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Adjusted Present Value (APV), comparable and accretion dilution models
10. Forecasting pro-forma income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
11. Performing SWOT (Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities, Threats Analysis) analysis, P/L analysis, and ROI analysis.
12. Defining business and financial requirements and developing appropriate financial analysis and reporting for strategies