Analyze engineering, business and/or other business intelligence issues for application to Symantec solutions; and/or provide operational support in the development and implementation process of computer software applications, systems or services. Provide support to applications’ users in departments throughout Symantec. Analyze, test, and debug applications and make modifications to current programs as needed. Document programs, including installation and maintenance. Analyze existing programs or formulate logic for new systems, devise logic procedures, prepare flow charting, and perform coding. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Develop and execute functionality and performance tests. Prepare and obtain approval of system and programming documentation. Recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards. Supports users of one or more applications through basic design, programming or testing. Generally works on multiple applications or several areas within a single application. References and understands application and system documentation to support design, testing or programming efforts with minimal assistance from more experienced IT specialists. Contributes updates to and maintains existing documentation. Has a developed area of concentration such as installation, basic design, configuration, specialized testing, or application maintenance. Applies knowledge of the users’ operations, integration into IT standards and processes, and specialized training in the applications’ use. Employer will accept Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Business, or related field, and 2 years of work experience in job offered or in a computer-related or business systems-related occupation.
Alternatively, Employer will accept Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Business, or related field, and five years of work experience in job offered or in a computer-related or business systems-related occupation.
1. Technical or customer support, IT operations, or related area
2. Aspects of specific application solutions
3. Basic coding and SDLC processes and procedures
4. Aspects of a specific application or tool set
5. Advanced concepts of coding and SDLC processes and procedures.
6. Administrator-level competency with Atlassian DevOps tools, including JIRA Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Crucible
7. Other domain competencies including: Operating Systems: OS X, Windows, Linux Languages: Java, J2EE, SQL and PL/SQL Databases
8. MS SQL, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MS SQL Server Web/App Servers
9. Web Sphere, Tomcat, Web Logic Web Services: SOAP, WSDL, REST Monitoring Tools: Tealeaf, BAC, ScienceLogic, Splunk Success Factors
10. e-Payment technologies including T-Recs reconciliation of payment records.
11. SOX standards and audits (internal/external).