Analyze engineering, business and/or other business intelligence issues for application to Symantec solutions; and/or provide operational support in the development and implementation process of computer software applications, systems or services. Provide Development and Production DBA services. Coordinate and closely work with app development/prod support team, and the infrastructure teams in maintaining a reliable. Lead and owns sustain support of Oracle EBusiness app and Database Systems at Symantec Inc., which includes 11.5.9, 126.96.36.199 and R12.1.3. Review and recommend new Technologies for betterment of services to customers. Participate in DR System build for Oracle EBS for Failover and Disaster Recovery and lead the design and solutions. Design and implement Technology solutions for Database Infrastructure Support .Troubleshoot Oracle EBS Database and Application issues working along with IT teams. Performance Tuning Oracle EBS Database and Applications on an ongoing basis. Lead and support ongoing upgrade/migration projects for EBS systems across IT. Design, Install, upgrade, administer, monitor, patch, and clone Oracle eBusiness 11i, R12, and related Oracle 9i/10g/11gR2/12c databases in RAC and non-RAC environments. Monitor and support patch control and database configuration across environments.
Employer will accept Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Business, or related field, followed by five years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in job offered or in a computer-related or business systems-related occupation.
Education or experience must also include:
1. Database Design/Architectural experience;
2. Maintaining a reliable environment around systems hardware and operating systems as well databases and applications;
3. Experience supporting Oracle EBusiness app and Database Systems which includes 11.5.9, 188.8.131.52 and R12.1.3;
4. Reviewing and recommending new Technologies for betterment of services to customers;
5. Troubleshooting Oracle EBS Database and Application issues working along with IT teams;
6. Performance Tuning Oracle EBS Database and Applications on an ongoing basis;
7. Installing, upgrading, administering, monitoring, patching, and cloning Oracle eBusiness 11i, R12, and related Oracle 9i/10g/11gR2/12c databases in RAC and non-RAC environments;
8. Experience supporting administration and cloning other boundary systems like Oracle GRC, Oracle SOA and Oracle SSO;
9. Optimizing system/database operations and resource utilization and performs system capacity analysis and planning; and
10. Experience in build, configure, manage Disaster Recovery databases.
Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable.