Assist with security infrastructure administration as part of Symantec’s Network Operations team. Responsible for network security administration of the backbone network in and between the 20+ data centers in the application, Symantec.cloud. Support the backbone network through the timely resolution of incidents and events. Own the resolution of incidents and major incidents from beginning to end. Implement changes to the backbone network. Write technical documentation and training for other staff. Implement changes to the production Data Center network. Write technical documentation and training for other staff. Perform training sessions in the office and over phone and webex. Monitor and carry out preventative maintenance and general administrative tasks relating to the backbone network. Build good working relationships with staff from all areas of the business to achieve best results. Utilizes graduate-level research and analysis skills.
Employer will accept Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field and 2 years of work experience in job offered or 2 years of work experience in a computer-related occupation.
Education or experience must also include:
1. Network protocol analyzers/sniffers and use in troubleshooting
2. Heterogeneous networking components
3. Routing/switching involving native LAN and VLAN technologies including network accelerators
4. TCP/IP, Network switching and routing protocols and VPN technologies
5. Routing protocols: OSPF/BGP
6. Load Balancing technologies
7. Firewall technologies L4 and L7
8. Switching/Routing on multi-vendor platforms – specifically Cisco and Juniper Indeed
Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable.