Responsible for analyzing, designing, debugging and/or modifying software; or evaluating, developing, modifying and coding software programs to support programming needs. Maintain and enhance existing code with focus on implementation. Collaborate with and assist team of engineers in writing functional, design and user interface specifications. Follow software lifecycle process when developing software. Help identify solutions to problems encountered in software cycle. Monitor the Symantec - Security Technology and Response infrastructure to ensure that all the enterprise production systems are working at optimum performance at all times. Keep unexpected system downtime to a minimum by swiftly investigating and resolving issues with any of the Security Technology and Response systems and if required, engage and coordinate with 3rd party for a resolution. Continuously work towards providing a better level of service to the internal customers by automating existing tasks and by creating/testing new tools and implementing them. Conduct rack, stack, and configuration of new systems as well as upgrades to existing production systems. Test system adequacy: work with stakeholders in NAM and leverage subject matter expertise. Leverage system analysis and an understanding of technology design to discuss system improvement options across functional groups. Use computer hardware and software to solve complex problems: this requires an in-depth understanding of the GIST administered mission critical systems. Support and optimize the business unit’s operations by means of scripting and/or applications.
Employer will accept Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field and 3 year(s) of work experience in job offered or 3 year(s) of work experience in a computer-related occupation.
Education or experience must also include:
1. VMWare vSphere (install configure and manage)
2. Familiarity with mission-critical high-availability IT infrastructure
3. Shared Storage administration- NetApp, equallogic, compellent etc
4. Networking: application and transmission protocols, advanced switch configuration
5. Firewall administration: iptables and pfsense
6. Big data distributed databases, such as Hadoop, Green Plum, and MongoDB, MSSQL, MySQL administration
7. Unix/Linux/Windows operating systems (remote automated install, configure, system hardening, maintenance)
8. Netbackup Administration
9. Hardware appliances
10. Automation using Power Shell, VSphere Power CLI, Windows/Unix shell, Perl, Puppet, Chef
11. Monitoring/alerting systems (Icinga, Zabbix and Dell Open Manage)
12. Evaluating, selecting, specifying, installing, configuring, testing, maintaining compute, storage and network fabrics